Escape from the hustle of the city - less than a couple of hours from Atlanta, escape to your own outdoor paradise. The Wolf Cabin is surrounded by three lakes (Nottely, Morganton and Blue Ridge) and five wineries. This beautiful home is located in Morganton - 15 mins from downtown Blue Ridge, Blairsville and McCaysville. You will be a short distance from several outdoor adventure activities including hiking, horseback riding, fishing, biking, tubing, white water rafting, zip lining and boating, and all of the natural adventures that Georgia's Appalachian region has to offer.
If you live anywhere in the southeast, whether in Florida, Alabama, South Carolina, or the midwest, you’re within driving distance of Blue Ridge, GA. Blue Ridge is only 90 miles north of Atlanta via I-575 on the Georgia-Tennessee-North Carolina line. With 106,000 acres of Chattahoochee National Forest, 300 miles of hiking trails and 100 miles of trout streams, Blue Ridge is the perfect place for a Romantic Couples Getaway, Girls Trip or a Family Vacation. Blue Ridge was ranked by Southern Living Magazine as one of the 2021 South’s Best Mountain Towns and 2019 Top Small Mountain Towns.
Be sure to take a ride on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway, from the Toccoa River into the town of McCaysville. There are several craft breweries, wineries, upscale shops, galleries, and restaurants. Hike to a local waterfall on the Appalachian Trail (Sea Creek is one of the easiest to get to), tube or kayak the Toccoa or go whitewater rafting on the Ocoee River. Take a day trip to the charming German-Swiss style town of Helen.
Refresh your soul with day hikes to local waterfalls (we have 700 unique waterfalls) or horseback riding on forested trails in the Chattahoochee National Forest. Discover the thrill of an Ocoee River whitewater rafting adventure, ride on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway or treetop canopy adventure. Ride a boat or kayak on Lake Blue Ridge. Pick local fruit at Mercier Orchards, a 65-year-old family orchard. Play a round of golf at Old Toccoa Farm alongside the Toccoa River. Catch some trout on the River on a clear mountain stream; Blue Ridge is the Trout Fishing Capital of Georgia.
- Car recommended.
- -BlueRidge downtown is an easy 14 min ride.
- Grocery store (Ingles) is 8 mins away, Walmart and Home Depot, 14 mins away.
- Several restaurants and outdoor activities are within 15 mins.
- Lake Morganton Rec Point (10 min)
- Lake Blue Ridge (11 min)
- Nottely Lake and Marina (8 mins)
- Serenberry Vineyards (12 min)
- Blue Ridge Downtown (17 min)
- Mercier Orchards (20 min)
- Old Toccoa Farm golf course (20 min)
- Toccoa Swinging River Bridge (35 min)
- White Water Rafting (25 min)
- Beautiful Hiking Trails:
- Chattahoochee National Forest
- Benton MacKaye Trail
- Aska Adventure Area
The Blue Ridge Mountains
The Blue Ridge Mountains are part of the Appalachian Mountain range. They extend 550 miles in the eastern United States, and include parts of Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. The Blue Ridge region is home to Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Shenandoah National Park, as well as eight national forests (including the Chattahoochee National Forest, Cherokee National Forest, Nantahala National Forest, and Pisgah National Forest).
- The scenic Blue Ridge Parkway is America’s longest linear park, stretching 469 miles from Great Smoky Mountains National Park in North Carolina to Shenandoah National Park in Virginia. The Blue Ridge Parkway starts at U.S. 441 and ends at Shenandoah’s entrance, where the name changes to Skyline Drive. Originally known as the Appalachian Scenic Highway, the road’s construction began in 1935 and ended in 1987. It has been the most visited unit of America’s National Park System for 70+ years.
- The distinctive color that gives the Blue Ridge Mountains their name largely comes from the forests that line its ridges (which reach elevations up to 6,684 feet). Many shrubs and trees– including oaks, poplars, and eucalyptus– emit an organic compound called isoprene. When this hydrocarbon is released into the atmosphere, it creates a distinctive lingering haze that looks blue from a distance.
To enjoy all that BlueRidge has to offer, please review the Visitors Guide.